£19,000 - £25,000
Our client, a financial services organisation are looking to recruit a Operations Officer to support customers and colleagues within their Operations department.
As Operations Officer you will deal with a wide range of loan related transactions, with associated values ranging from £500 up to £25m, acting within Delegated Authorities. You will work with Relationship Teams and customers to amend existing products and book these appropriately on system. You will provide ongoing technical expertise to ensure existing loans are managed. Working to extremely tight deadlines throughout the day to ensure all payment cash-flows are achieved in advance of cut-offs.
The Role, Key Responsibilities
- Identifies customer service issues and escalates to local management team.
- Suggests improvements to service levels provided to local management team.
- Delivers against agreed service standards.
- Escalates customer complaints and systemic issues.
- Ensures transactions are processed in accordance with internal controls.
- Works effectively within existing internal controls in order to minimise operational risk.
- Highlights to local management team where working practices do not comply with policies & procedures.
- Good understanding of the risks and our policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Able to understand specialist complex systems and processes.
- Experience in a Financial Services Operations area.
- Familiarity with bank documentation, products, processes, controls, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of bank lending systems.
- Good excel skills. Regular reconciliation worked required to be performed within excel as well as bespoke interest calculations and financial modelling, amongst other things.
- Ability to communicate and deal with complex queries and requests from corporate and business customers and the demands that this brings.
- Highly competent communicator both via Telephone and e-mail, with the ability to discuss complex requirements whilst simultaneously being conscious of inherent Operational Risks.
- High degree of accuracy as errors are likely to have a material impact.
- The ability to demonstrate a logical and commercial thought process to problem solving.
- The ability to question/negotiate and handle potential conflict with both internal and external customers.
If you or someone you know are suitable for this role, apply confidentially today.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.