Payroll Manager - Accountancy Practice
AJ Chambers are currently assisting an established firm of Chartered Accountants in the recruitment of a Payroll Bureau Manager for their office in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.
An excellent opportunity to join an established accountancy practice based in South East Essex. Founded over 20 years ago, our client has a vibrant and dynamic working environment, and is situated very close to both Leigh Broadway and Old Leigh. The successful candidate will be joining a well-respected firm with a strong, professional work force and a varied local and national client base.
Our client offers a broad range of services including accountancy (year-end and management), bookkeeping, VAT, CIS, payroll, tax and audit.
Main Purpose of the role:
To work as part of the business, and lead the payroll function, processing client payrolls which vary in frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and in size, 200 payrolls that are large and small. Auto enrolment and RTI, as well as processing the payroll itself will be fundamental within this role.
The successful candidate will have previous experience managing a payroll function. Excellent communication skills, initiative and the ability to organise yourself and work to tight deadlines are essential.
- To liaise with clients and prepare their payrolls
- Client payrolls vary in frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and in size, 200 payrolls that are large and small
- Accurate production of client payroll
- Auto Enrolment
- RTI Submissions
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients' businesses.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients' staff.
- Is aware of the wide range of company services, and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
- Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
Applicants must have experience of working within a multi payroll function, ideally from within a firm of accountants or specialist payroll house (bureau).
For further information on the position, please apply direct or contact Jim Knott at AJ Chambers