Learning disabilities, challenging behaviors, complex needs.
£20,888, plus £80.00 for sleep-ins. 8 week’s annual leave, pension scheme, excellent overtime rate!
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Are you passionate about working with adults with Learning Disabilities?
Do you have experience of working with people with Complex / Challenging Behaviors?
Would you like to work for a service, which has been rated as "overall good" with CQC?
Newlife Healthcare are working with a family run organisation, who provide support for adults within Residential Care and Supported Living services across the Wiltshire region.
Clients range from moderate to severe Learning Disabilities, Mental Health diagnosis / disorders and complex emotional and behavioral needs.
Our client prides themselves on offering individuals the necessary support to empower and encourage all individuals in their services to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible. By using person centred plans, they help people to work towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and long terms goals.
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to support the Registered Manager of this 8 bedded service. As a Deputy Manager, you will have previous experience of working with clients with learning disabilities along with experience of leading a team.
Working with the Registered Manager, you will assist in the day to day running of the service, providing leadership and guidance to the staff team, supporting clients and ensuring high levels of support are provided at all times.
As a Deputy Manager, you will have the following skills and experience / qualifications:
- Hold a minimum of NVQ level 3 and be willing to work towards your Level 5 qualification in Health and Social Care
- Previous experience within learning disabilities, complex needs or challenging behaviours
- Excellent understanding of CQC regulations and best practice
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions in the absence of the Registered Manager
- Communicate effectively to your team
- Encouraging a culture where people can raise concerns about safety
- Showing commitment to responding to the needs of the residents
If you are currently a Deputy Manager and looking for a new opportunity or a Senior and looking to progress, email a cv immediately quoting reference Deputy Manager - Salisbury and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss in more detail.