Category Lead Buyer
About the Company: Our client situated on the outskirts of Mansfield are recruiting for a Permanent Category Lead Buyer. You will be joining a well established business, within their Purchasing department.
Please note at times, you must be able to travel both nationally and internationally.
Job overview: To effectively manage and control the given spend categories, working with internal customers of Purchasing across all functions to develop and implement category strategies that deliver total cost benefits and operational efficiency. Working closely with the Senior Category Lead Buyer:
- Carry out detailed spend analysis, producing category reviews together with recommended category strategies.
- Responsible for all spend in given categories and control of annual expenditure.
- Look at ways to reduce costings, negotiating with suppliers and liaise with new sources of supply for alternative products and services.
- Analyse tenders and award contracts.
- Work with existing suppliers to look at new products, reviewing performance and develop action plans
- Work with internal Quality department to review and audit supplier performance.
- Develop a cost saving program for own area and input data in the Budget process.
- Be involved in small value Capital Purchase projects (CAPEX)
About you: The successful candidate will ideally be MCIPS qualified, or working towards this. You will have knowledge of Category Management approaches and strategic purchasing experience, with excellent negotiation skills. You will be capable of building category plans and implementing a strategy, demonstrating a track record of delivering extensive bottom line benefits and the ability to understand complex business issues.
You will have MRP system experience and strong IT skills; especially Excel, with a good understanding of word, outlook and PP.
What's in it for you?
This is a Full Time Permanent role and will offer an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, professional team. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am till 5pm, with one hour lunch.
Salary will be £25-30K maximum, dependent upon experience. Free car parking on site, with excellent benefits to be detailed at interview stage. Please submit your CV in the first instance or telephone for further information.