We are working with a well respected Investment Management firm who have a very clear growth strategy. The company prides itself on building a sustainable legacy of personalised service and a culture of excellence.
Growth of assets under management and ambitious expansion plans have resulted in an opportunity to join the Central Investment Team in the role of Investment Manager. This will be a demanding role with the successful candidate needing to 'hit the ground running’ and add capacity to the desk almost immediately. Previous experience and qualifications are essential.
The main activities of the role include:
- Be aware of the firm’s investment view, including the composition of model portfolios
- Implement the prevailing investment view in the day-to-day management of portfolios
- Understand investment, tax, trusts, pensions, financial planning and banking service offerings, liaising with product specialists as appropriate, to deliver suitable services to clients.
- Be aware of company valuations, stock situations, topical price sensitive information, stock market conditions and economic trends
- Actively contribute to the team’s investment strategy
- Provide advice and insight to IFAs and other intermediaries
The ideal candidate will need to have a natural understanding of security markets, including UK equities and funds. It is essential that you have knowledge and understanding of macro-economic factors and potential impact on security valuations. They are looking for a high calibre individual who is in touch with current market events and price movements with very strong personal qualities such as being an effective communicator.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise and self-manage a demanding workload. This is to be coupled with strong IT skills.
It is essential that you are a qualified to at least level 6 and have excellent knowledge of markets and UK equities. You will need to be in touch with current market events and price movements.