Environmental, Health & Safety Facilitator
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint anEHS facilitatorto provide timely and proactive support to Melton Mowbray operations.You will be an integral part of the EHS Team who are based at our operations across the UK.The role reports to the EHS Manager for Melton Mowbray Operations with operational accountability to the General Manager Melton Operations.
It is Facilitating, coordinating and supporting on delivering Health & Safety related issues, prioritising workload within deadlines, working accurately within detailed guidelines in the most effective efficient manner. It is an innovative role with the opportunity to add real value to the business. You should have the ability to work collaboratively within and across the teams. You will be joining at an exciting time where the business is placing increased value on prioritising people, customers and the benefits it can bring.
The main components of the role are as follows:
- Live the JELD-WEN values and drives positive EHS culture
- Responsible for the EHS of all sites within the area.
- Coordinate effective distribution of EHS resource across the sites to meet business demands
- Coordinate programmes to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and claims by showing due diligence around environmental impacts in line with European strategy
- Assist and support personnel in safety and environmental hazard assessment including the implementation of effective control measures
- Provide up to date advice and guidance to the management team on legal compliance, best practice, strategy implementation and industry standards
- Assist and support the management team on environmental permits for associated areas
- Ensure compliance with company management systems and ISO accreditations, ISO 14001 and 9001 where appropriate
- Facilitate working towards BSOHSAS 18001 risk management standard
- Facilitate contact for liaison and interaction with enforcing authorities
- Facilitate contact for customer in area of responsibility relating to EHS
- Compile and evaluate incident statistics to identify patterns and trends to target risk reduction and monitor effectiveness of EHS strategy
- Support with the deliver of new and refresher in house training programmes
- Compile EHS performance reports for area of responsibility for General Manager, UK EHS Manager, UK Operations Director, Operational teams and Regional EHS Director
- Liaising with enforcing authorities in areas of responsibility
- Attend and facilitate EHS meetings at a team level
- Supports the delivery of projects and initiatives in all EHS areas
About the Person
We are looking for a person who is qualified or working towards a Health & Safety qualification or equivalent, with experience of working in a manufacturing environment or similar industry. The ideal person should have previous experience of working in multiple sites.
You should have a real passion for the business with excellent interpersonal skills. Having excellent knowledge and capability to achieve our safe and legal commitments. You should have excellent IT skills for report writing, analyses of data statistic’s and good presentation skills. We are looking for aperson who has the ability to work collaboratively, relationship building as part of a team within and across all levels of the business, creating a team spirit of partnership wherever you go, also one who enjoys working on their own initiative and takes the lead on issues. The ideal person should be reliable, self-motivated and a great time keeper with the skill to build credibility across all areas of the business.
About the Company
JELD-WEN - a leading global manufacturer of windows, doors, stairs, and treated composite trim and panels - operates 90 facilities in more than 20 countries with $3.5 billion in revenues; half of which comes from outside the United States. The company provides products that enhance the beauty and functionality of homes and commercial buildings.
In the UK, JELD-WEN has approximately 1200 staff that produce and distribute quality doors, windows, patio doors and stairs.
Operating across 5 factories - the UK head office and door production facility is based in Sheffield; 3 factories in Melton Mowbray - one that is dedicated to timber windows, door sets and patio door sets, one that is the largest volume production facility for timber stairs in the UK, and the mill which supplies components to the other sites; and the Penrith factory, which specialises in the manufacture of veneered, foil and moulded internal doors.