Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist / Disability Assessor
Job Title: Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist
Location: Wandsworth 2 - 3 days and Farnham 2 days
Salary: £26,000 - £36,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a Medical (disability) Assessor you will join an established team of highly skilled health care professionals. The role on offer is both challenging and rewarding; you will utilise your clinical and evidence based knowledge, highly tuned interpersonal skills and examination skills to work determine how disabilities or impairments (from a range of health conditions) impact on activities of daily living. You will assess individuals who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and the role has flexible working days and hours, opportunities for career progression and ring fenced CPD funding. Their initial training is highly supportive and will help you develop any news skills to undertake this exciting role.
Our Client welcomes applications from existing (DWP Approved) assessors with a clean audit trail, please note that our assessors typically complete 4 assessments per day.
- To carry out medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments). Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
* Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
* Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
To become a PIP Assessor you will undertake a 4 stage training programme that will build on your professional skills and provide you with the new competencies essential for the role:
1) E learning (20-25 hours)
2) Face to face course =4.5 days (maybe residential depending on home location)
3) Mentored assessment period
4) Reports audited until satisfactory grades achieved.
On achieving approval as a PIP Assessor, you will have acquired a transferable qualification which will be an asset on any CV, inevitably broadening your career prospects.
- Professional: 2 years
Please click the APPLYbutton to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; General Nurse, Physiotherapist, PIP Assessor, Disability Analyst, Disability Officer, Occupational Health Therapist, Nurse, OH Therapist, Occupational Therapy, Psychiatric Nurse, Community Health Nurse, Health Advisor, Disability Assessor, Health Assessment Therapist, Occupational Health, Physiotherapy, Wellbeing Advisor will also be considered for this role.