Children's Residential Support Worker
Are you passionate about caring for children and young people? Are you looking for a diverse and varied role? Are you keen to learn new skills and apply them in the workplace? I am seeking a children's residential support worker for an exciting new opportunity based in Pontypridd.
Our team is looking for an outgoing, driven children's residential support worker to work alongside one of South Wales' leading care providers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established children's residential home in the area. The staff are friendly, a tight-knit team that ensure they deliver the highest standards of care at all times.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Caring for and assisting children in their everyday lives such as making sure they attend school appointments etc.
- Carrying out tasks such as cooking, cleaning laundry, shopping
- Ensuring that you work with the therapists and psychologists to ensure care plans are followed and children have the best possible outcomes
- Safeguarding the young people in your care
What we would require from you:
- Level 3 within Children and Young people is essential
- Previous experience working with children or within the child residential sector
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and innovative thinking will all be key traits you will need to succeed
- 28 days annual leave
- Opportunities to progress into more senior roles
- Support with Training and professional development
- Rewarding package including voucher schemes and pension
If you're passionate about caring for children and young people, are looking to join a close knit team in a company with fantastic training opportunities and competitive rates of pay then this could be the ideal role for you. If you think you fit the role, please apply now by clicking 'apply now' or calling .
This role is open to receiving applications over the next four weeks. Within 10 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a two-stage interview process. Successful applicants will be notified within two weeks.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.