Cardiology and Respiratory Manager - London
- Perform a wide range of procedures including; Stress testing, respiratory function testing and BP and HR ambulatory monitoring at independent practitioner level
- Perform a wide range complex or advanced procedures, in the following Clinical Physiology fields e.g. Echocardiography, Cardiopulmonary stress testing, Mannatol challenges
- Analyse and interpret real time results and monitor and respond to changes in the patients' clinical status in fields of Clinical Physiology
- Provide expert and specialist advice to patients, colleagues and clinicians regarding outcomes of cardiology procedures and where appropriate development of individual care plans.
- Prepare equipment; ensuring daily checks and calibration is carried out and investigate any identified or reported electro-medical equipment faults
- Adhere to rules, policies, procedures and standards of the hospital and professional guidelines as required by the RCCP, ARTP, BSE and SCT
- Initiate outpatient registration process ensuring that all relevant patient details are recorded and process test results
- Work with all members of the team to ensure efficient and effective use of resources, manpower, space and equipment within an agreed budget.
- Ensure that optimal levels of stock and equipment are maintained to meet service needs at all times.
- Participate in technical appraisal and purchase of capital equipment and consumables by trailing equipment and providing expert technical advice, and auditing the use of current equipment including pacing systems, echo machines, EP equipment etc.
- Responsible for budgets and all HR duties
- Effectively liaise with Consultants, GPs and other healthcare professionals regarding individual patient care.
- Participate in audit programs for clinical and management data ensuring that requirements are adhered to and that data is available for presentation and/or further analysis
- Devise training and support programmes for staff. Provide supervision, training and related assessments of less experienced technical staff and act as professional mentor and role model to junior staff
As the Cardiology & Respiratory Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the department to ensure the continued delivery of a high quality service to patients. You will oversee all financial, governance, operational, and personnel requirements for the department whilst still providing specialist clinical knowledge and delivering expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Department.
About the Individual:
As an excellent leader, you will provide direction and development to all staff to enhance customer experience. Having a pleasant and positive attitude, whilst also being decisive and able and willing to take managerial responsibility, will assist you in developing excellent working relationship across all stakeholders; as will having excellent communication skills.
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.