Project Installation Field Engineer
Services Field Engineer
Lantec are one of the UK's leading IT Services and Logistics provider with expertise in EPOS, Card Terminal and client server installations, our clients range from small independent retailers to large corporate clients such as; Waitrose, Tesco, Lloyds Bank, WorldPay and so forth. Established for over 18 years Lantec employs over 300 staff throughout the UK, with an annual turnover of £12 million.
We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we're all about rewarding hard work through recognition and progression, as an employee of Lantec you will find variety in your role, have the autonomy to think outside the box and really apply yourself.
Therefore I am excited to announce that an opportunity has arisen within our Project Support Team for a Technical Services Field Engineer.
Main Purpose of the Role
To carry out installations and upgrades of EPOS equipment on client sites within your geographical area.
· To carry out installations upgrades of EPOS equipment within your area including but not limited to Tills, Scanners, Keyboards printers and back office servers.
· To install EPOS software to equipment to meet client requirements.
· To Install and configure WIFI terminals.
· To Install and configure Chip & Pin Terminals.
· To comply with company and customer procedures for escalating issues on site, both technical and client related.
· To complete all relevant administration and paperwork associated with the role.
· To ensure quality of installation and processes are maintained at all times.
· To ensure stock records are accurate and up-to-date.
· To deal with Clients at all levels in a professional manner.
· Work closely with scheduling team to resolve issues and where appropriate escalate to Regional Manager.
· Must have some EPOS experience within a large retail outlet
· Full UK Driving License (max 6 penalty points)
· Awareness of customer care with the confidence to work with the customer in a one to one environment
· An effective communicator
· Minimum of 1 years experience in an IT role
· Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum supervision
· Please note that all offers of employment are subject to the successful completion of Pre Employment Screening checks. To meet this, all applicants will need to provide the following; Valid Passport/Visa or UK Birth Cert (with proof of NI)
· Utility Bill/Bank Statement
· Driving Licence
As part of the screening process, the following checks will be carried out;
5 year address history
Criminal record Check
Financial sanctions check
Reference check for the last 5 years
Applications will be considered from applicants who live within a 30 mile radius of the specified area.