Global Communications Technology Company is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to be a key member of their financial control team in Slough. The role is the central point of contact within the wider finance team and as such will give the successful candidate excellent exposure to all aspect of financial management of a large commercial organisation. This is a varied financial accounting role including financial accounting, balance sheet management, statutory reporting, taxation, billing, accounts payable and cash flow forecasting.
Key responsibilities include
- Prepare and process central month end journal postings and prepare interim and full year statutory accounts for group entities
- Perform monthly balance sheet reviews to identify areas of risk or opportunity
- Liaise with external statutory and Group auditors
- Maintain and update documentation of controls, processes and accounting policies
- Prepare short term cash forecasts and review against budgets, prepare quarterly corporation tax calculations and forecasts
- Support our AR team by ensuring completeness of billing with appropriate revenue recognition
- Involve in billing and AR systems implementation
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties within finance and SAP
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and US GAAP for group reporting
- Plan for implementation of IFRS 15 on revenue recognition
- Ensure all regulatory / SOX requirements are met
This role will suit a newly qualified or part qualified background either from a practice / audit background or currently in a financial accounting role. You will be an excellent communicator, with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Commercial awareness and the ability to build relationships within and outside of the finance team is essential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful division of a large international organisation with excellent career progression opportunities.