A leading Engineering business are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team in the heart of Liverpool's City Centre. In this role you will be part of a small but busy team and responsible for all aspects of transactional accounting, including Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, Sales Ledger and Payroll.
Reporting to the Finance Director the main responsibilities of the role include:
* Inputting and upkeep of Purchase and Sales invoices
* Reconciling supplier statements
* Checking nominal code
* Allocating and reconciling multi-currency bank accounts
* Dealing with supplier queries
* Processing VAT returns and liaising with HMRC
* Understanding statutory regulations including SMP/SSP/NI/Pension
* Setting up and managing new customer accounts
* Closing of Sales Ledger and month-end procedures
* Managing cash receipts and producing monthly forecasts
* Producing a monthly cashbook and reconciling all accounts
* Chasing and recovering owed debts
* Debtor reporting and identifying high-risk customers
The successful candidate will have:
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a varied role
* Previous experience using accounting and Payroll software's
* Good knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Outlook
* The ability to process and manage high volumes of invoices
You will secure a position within a top business with a chance to progress your career with a competitive salary and company benefits.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.