Legal Secretary - Property
A major Property company, with an impressive portfolio of commercial and residential properties, is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary with property experience to join their in-house legal team. For this role it is essential that you have experience of working in the property division of a law firm or an estate, property management or conveyancing company or litigation department.
This is a very progressive and entrepreneurial company and is a fabulous opportunity for someone to develop their legal and property skills or work in-house for the first time.
To provide legal administrative duties that support the Legal team, covering aspects of commercial/residential real estate working including planning, development, investment, asset management, funding, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution.
- Word processing/typing and collating correspondence and other documents.
- Day to day typing of letters, memos, monthly reports, bills etc.
- Taking messages accurately and passing to appropriate teams.
- Deal directly with external parties, such as Land Registry.
- Creating and amending legal documents.
- Diary management of In-house Legal Team.
- Develop and sustain strong business relationships with internal/external and other third parties.
- Manage incoming correspondence, emails, telephone calls and filing.
- Provide other support services to Legal Team including taking minutes of meetings.
- Tracking deadlines for the Legal Department.
- Previous secretarial/administrative experience within a legal/professional services environment, preferably within a Real Estate/Property team.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Secretarial NVQ/Diploma or equivalent.
- High proficiency in all MS office packages.
- An excellent eye for details with a concern for quality and accuracy.
- Focused/professional client service approach.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrable ability to multitask and prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently.
- Due to the nature of the business, candidates must be flexible to work outside normal office hours from time-to-time.