Stirling Dynamics is a fast-growing, advanced engineering company that delivers a range of complex systems and technical services to the aerospace and marine markets.
Stirling Dynamics requires an enthusiastic Quality Manager to take responsibility for all aspects of business quality and to lead the transition from AS9100 rev C to rev D.
The ideal candidate for this business critical role will have proven professional experience in Quality Management and Continuous Improvement methodologies preferably gained within related industries.
Cultural fit is essential, as is identification with Stirling’s mission statement.
The key accountabilities for the role are:
- Provide a strong lead across the Company on the management of project and product quality, ensuring Company and customer expectations are being met in full.
- Plan and lead the Company’s transition from AS9100 rev C to rev D, culminating in certification in Q2 2018.
- Manage the Company’s programme of quality auditing and monitor key quality performance indicators.
- Support the selection, rating and approval of suppliers including site audits across the Company’s international supply chain.
- Provide training and support to our engineering staff and promote a culture that recognises the importance of quality in all that we do.
- Report to the Operations Director on all matters relating to product and service quality.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced in maintaining a Company Quality Management System.
- Familiarity with complex product development processes.
- Familiarity with engineering services for new design and modifications.
- Aerospace/Defence Industry-specific knowledge is desirable.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
The role is based in a fast-paced dynamic environment, as such, the following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues.
- A willingness to embrace and implement change and an ability to identify and implement new processes.
- The ability to influence staff at all levels within the business.
- The ability to manage conflict situations with customers and internally whilst ensuring positive relationships are maintained.
- The capability to work efficiently, accurately and with attention to detail.
Relocation package is avaliable.