Business Tax Senior - Cambridge - Leading Independent Firm
A leading independent firm in Cambridge are looking for a Business Tax Senior due to sustained business success to join their vibrant and friendly yet hard-working team. The firm are offering a competitive remuneration package, exposure to a varied portfolio of clients as well as potential for progression within the firm. This represents an excellent opportunity for a CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified Corporate Tax Professional looking to work close to the heart of Cambridge City Centre.
As a Business Tax Senior, you report to Partners and Managers and are responsible for the smooth running of client portfolios and ensuring technical work is completed in accordance with the firm’s standards and procedures. The role will predominantly involve preparing Corporate Tax Returns and associated work, but there will also be involvement in Business Tax advisory projects.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Acting as a Business Tax specialist in giving advice to clients and colleagues on various Business Tax issues
- Dealing with routine correspondence concerning client’s affairs
- Maintaining a grasp of jobs and work in progress
- Assisting on detailed and more complex work when needed
- Maintaining a comprehensive, up to date knowledge of Business Tax legislation changes, HMRC practices and current tax planning ideas
- Assisting with billing, debt collection and reduction of write-offs
- Maintaining portfolio work programmes and monitoring jobs
- Monitoring chargeable hours targets
- Supervision and training of juniors as required
- Identifying new marketing opportunities and cross-selling with existing clients and introducing new clients to the firm
- Assisting in production of proposals from initial identification to help win new business
- ACA or CTA (preferably corporate route)
- Able to demonstrate broad and strong technical knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience of working as part of a team
- Able to build good client relationships;
- Able to build good relationships with other members of the team and staff from other departments.
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines;
- Experience of managing the firm’s financial exposure, billing and adjusting the approach to work depending on the available budget desired but not essential
- Proficient in common tax accounting software packages
For further information on this Business Tax Senior role please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers