Teacher of Music/Music Technology
Teacher of Music/Music Technology at BOA in Birmingham. For more details contact Alison on .
Required for September 2017
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is a 14-19 academy specialising in Creative, Digital and Performing Arts. The academy opened in September 2011 and has over 1030 students (333 at KS4 and 700 at Post 16). BOA is 100% selective, based on aptitude, and is unique in its admissions criteria.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Music.
All BOA students are selected through aptitude in their chosen arts specialism and will follow either a Creative, Digital or Performing Arts pathway. The Music pathway at BOA is a centre of artistic excellence backed by some of the country's leading creative enterprises including the British Music Industry, the BRIT School and Birmingham Rep. BOA also benefits from links with Birmingham Conservatoire through its co-sponsor Birmingham City University.
Music Technology and Music are offered at GCSE, BTEC Level 2 First Diploma and BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced Music teacher.
A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
- Qualified teacher status and a degree
- A strong track record as an outstanding teacher in the field of Music
- Experience and confidence in working within relevant industry contexts
- A passion for Music which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage artistic projects
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- The ability to guide students' academic, personal and professional development, as a tutor, in accordance with the academy's guidelines and procedures
- An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Be able to lead, motivate and inspire aspiring students
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world class academy. If you share the academy's vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 15th May 2017
Start date: 1 September 2017
For further details and an application pack, please contact Alison Clements at Hays Education on / [mailto:]
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site: http://jobs/birmingham-orminston-academy
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.