Care Assistant/ Support Worker
Do you have a kind and caring nature? Do you want to feel valued for the hard work you do and make a difference to people’s lives? Many people in your local community depend on AJ Community Care's Care Assistant/ Support Workers to help them lead an independent life and continue living in their own home despite having a disability or illness. AJ Community Care is a provider to Leeds council and provides care at home for people who live in Leeds, Swillington, Halton, Rothwell, Kippax, Garforth, East End Park, Colton and Pontefract.
As a Community Care Assistant/ Support Worker, you will be making a significant positive impact in people's lives by providing help and support with personal and household tasks. Care Assistant/ Support worker tasks include:
- Support with personal hygiene and maintenance.
- Prepare meals and support with eating and drinking.
- Help with reminding and taking medication.
- Help maintain a clean and tidy home environment.
- Help with shopping, collections and appointments.
- Provide companionship and Social interaction to reduce loneliness.
Care Assistant/ Support Worker Pay and Benefits
- £8.01ph regardless of age or location, plus travel time + mileage.
- £100 bonus when competencies completed
- Free uniform and ID
- 28 days paid holiday per year (accrued holiday pay)
- The Care Certificate training and continued personal development
- Working in your local area where you make a genuine difference.
- An office team who have all been carers and understand your needs.
- A flexible and understanding office team available to offer advice when you need it most.
- Well trained, passionate staff delivering high-quality homecare, where you can make lots of new friends.
- Invitations to annual events for your friends and family too such as our Christmas Fuddle.
Does all this sound interesting? Then all you need to become a Care Assistant/ Support Worker is:
- A satisfactory enhanced police check (provided by us)
- No Experience required but a natural caring and kind nature is a must
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Flexibility - Our shift patterns 6am - 3pm or 3.30pm-11pm