Our client, a leading distribution company are looking for an Inventory Planner to join their team. The role will suit a determined individual who is looking to start or develop their career in inventory planning. The role is focused on maximising customer fill rate and stock efficiency out of the companies national distribution centre.
- Ensuring optimum stock levels
- Placing purchase orders and ensuring timely delivery of stock.
- Liaising with account managers, goods in and suppliers
- Negotiating prices and lead times as well as handling any stock-related queries.
- Monitoring product movement so that slower products are kept in lower quantities and therefore increasing productivity and cost reduction.
- Experience within inventory planning desirable
- Experience with Supply Chain KPI’s
- Minimum of grade C at A-Level required
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop vendor relationships and address vendor performance issues.
- Experience within an office environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Strong attention to detail.