Haywood Knight is currently supporting a Kent based distribution business to recruit a Buyer to assume responsibility for managing a product portfolio of around 6,000 SKU’s and an annual spend in excess of £16m. You will be tasked with ensuring the right product is in the right place at the optimum cost, via an efficient and error free process. You will be capable of proactive analysis across a range of Inventory Management activities with strong MS Excel abilities (pivot tables & v-lookup) and be confident in your ability to pick up new systems with ease.
This role will ideally suit someone from a Wholesale/Distribution background but we wouldn't rule out candidates from other sectors such as manufacturing. You will;
- Be passionate about achieving personal objectives and achieving organisational profitability
- Have demonstrable experience of managing inventory and the wider supply chain for in excess of 6,000 products across a range of 100+ Suppliers
- Be self-motivated and a confident decision maker continually looking for process improvements with a track record of cost saving initiatives
- Results / Profit Orientated
- Commercially Aware
- Process Driven / Methodical
- Analytical / Logical
- Creative / Innovative
- Well developed Influencing ability
- Collaborative Nature
- Well Organised
- Excellent Negotiator
- Clear Communicator
Our client is offering a salary of £29,000 - £32,000. The location of the role is commutable from Rochester, Dartford, Sevenoaks, Maidstone & Canterbury.