We are an established construction logistics company based in London, currently looking for experienced Construction Logistics Managers to assist with the provision of professional management and coordination of our logistics projects in and around London.
This exciting role will include managing the project lifecycle to ensure service quality and profit margins are successfully achieved as well as resource managing the delivery of our multi-disciplined services which include, traffic and fire marshals, security management, access & delivery management, waste and welfare services, site labourers, gangers, hoist / forklift drivers etc. You will be required to work closely with the Contract Manager and Client representatives.
Candidates must have previous construction logistics experience at the required level and hold a Managers CSCS card and SMSTS.
Key responsibilities and Accountability
• Successfully progress each stage of the project through each internal function to ensure site programs are consistently met.
• Liaise with Contract Manager to understand the technical scope and build ability of the entire project.
• Proactively manage the project programme by weekly progress meeting with site operatives and management
• Provide updates to the Contract Manager.
• Manage the flow of detailing information from office to site to allow for site commitments to be fulfilled.
• Attend weekly site meetings to be familiar with all site requirements and co-ordinate to ensure no delays on site as and when required.
• Immediately highlight any deviation from target programme or budget to the Contract Manager.
• Liaise with the Quantity Surveyors and Contract Managers regarding any real or potential difficulties ensuring that these are properly logged and communicated to the client.
• Ensure contract requirements and expectations are met.
• To ensure that Health & Safety responsibilities are fully considered with regard to each contract and its subsequent costing.
• To actively seek methods of minimising costs within each contract in terms of wastage of time, product, etc.
• To protect the Company’s financial and Health and Safety interests on site as required for specific contracts and to be fully aware of the scope of work that the Company has contracted to carry out.
• Effectively supervising staff on site, advising the Quantity Surveyor of any changes as required
• Carrying out operatives toolbox talks and assisting with method statements.
• Adhering to the Company’s policies (e.g.: discipline, grievance and equal opportunities)
• Being conversant with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and ensuring that it is practised at all times
• Using correctly any equipment, device or clothing provided by the Company intended to safeguard operatives and other site users against risk, injury or ill health and in such a manner as to ensure its effectiveness
• Co-operating with the Company in meeting its statutory obligations with regard to Health & Safety at Work Legislation
• An ability to deliver excellent results
• Manager’s CSCS card
• Relevant construction experience / qualifications
• A proactive approach
• Ability to assess situations
• Flexible and adaptable
• Loyal and self-motivated
• Experience in supervising workings on a busy construction site
• Proven track record in achieving project targets and objectives
No agencies please