Finance Business Partner
Foxwell Associates are delighted to working exclusively with such a dynamic and entrepreneurial FMCG business who supply prepared fruit to the major UK retailers.
Following the expansion and subsequent restructure, this exciting, highly commercial role has been created. The purpose of the role is to partner Sales, Procurement and Operations to actively provide insight and analysis for the business on increasing profitability and reducing costs.
Detailed duties will include;
- Provide strategic insight into the business, identifying and acting upon development opportunities
- Measure, report and analyse business and functional performance, including working capital and all financial investments
- Undertake profitability analysis
- Track customer margins
- Review and approve all major commercial proposals
- Support the tender and new listing process
- Ownership and delivery of periodic forecasting (regular or monthly) both on a short term and long term basis
- Prepare material for regular board and executive meetings
- Deputise for the Head of Finance when required
- Develop the service of the finance team and promote continuous development improvement
- Provide non-financial support to other business functions
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place and adhered to
- Responsible for insight into monthly and YTD performance
- Provide support to the Transactional Finance team on activities such as accrual/prepayment, financial audits and interpreting financial results
- Effectively manage team members in a proactive manner on a daily basis.
- Comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
In order to apply, candidates need to demonstrate;
- Professional finance qualification (ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA) - 3 years PQE
- Experience of manufacturing, particularly in food, fruit or fresh produce industry (desirable) or in an industry focussed on gross margins
- Business Partnering experience
- Proven team management experience and knowledge
- Attention to detail and analytical skills. Accustomed to working with and interpreting data.
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key stakeholders, seeking win-win solutions
- Accustomed to Problem Solving. Flexible