Graduate Trainee English Teacher - Paid PGCE
Graduate Trainee English Teacher - Hillingdon
Do you want to be part of a new generation of outstanding English Teachers?
Do the tuition costs of Teacher Training courses concern you?
Are you reluctant to return to university for a year to complete a PGCE?
Then Premier Pathways could be the ideal route in to teaching for you!
Premier Pathways is an exciting new teacher training programme for exceptional graduates that is fully paid throughout the 2 years of the programme.
Begin the programme as a Graduate Trainee English Teacher at an outstanding secondary school in Hillingdon and you will receive training and support over the 2 years to become a confident, fully qualified teacher.
*** £15,000 p.a. training salary
*** 2-year school-based teacher training programme
*** Gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a PGCE from the University of Buckingham
*** Brand new blended learning programme from the nation’s leading ITE providers
*** Dedicated participant support team and in-school mentoring
*** Regular peer networking opportunities
*** No experience required
Requirements for the Graduate Trainee English Teacher:
• To have the drive to become an ‘Outstanding’ English Teacher.
• To have the commitment to the programme and your pupils.
• To be a high calibre graduate with a 2.2 degree or better.
• To be able to self-study.
About Premier Pathways.
The Graduate Trainee English Teacher will undertake a two-year Teacher Training Course in conjunction with the University of Buckingham. The course will be broken up as follows:
• The first two terms will be in a classroom support role to give you an understanding of the school and experience in class.
• The final term will include a minimum of a 50% teaching timetable.
• The second year will see the successful Graduate Trainee English Teacher teaching an 80% timetable.
Throughout the Course:
• The course will see the chosen Graduate Trainee English Teacher undertaking a combination of online study, mentor observations, university observations, 3 residential study sessions and a 3 week second placement.
All Graduate Trainee English Teachers will interview with the school they will be undertaking Premier Pathways through to ensure it is an environment in which you can see yourself develop.
Why Premier Pathways over other routes into teaching?
• You are earning all the time
• Constant support from all corners of the network
• Online portfolio tool
• Structured phase system
• A full PGCE at the end of 2 years
• Blended learning