Maintenance Engineer - East London
A well established food manufacturing business is looking to recruit a multi skilled engineer to join their growing business due to a career move.
Location: East London
Salary: £40,000 - £41,500 + Excellent Benefits, over time
Shift: Monday - Friday (earlies, lates and nights)
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities
- To plan, schedule & agree daily/weekly workload with the shift supervisor according to priorities, incorporating Preventative, Predictive and Reactive activities.
- To participate in RCM studies of TLS plant to derive and sustain optimum maintenance Regimes.
- Lead all maintenance activities optimising available resources and contracts to ensure expedient, high quality repairs and servicing.
- Administer and review SAP maintenance system for budgeting, historical trend & reliability analysis.
- Investigate and correct component/system performance issues utilising appropriate tools.
- Undertake RCA on component failures, generating and implementing modifications & improvements to address Reliability and performance issues in conjunction with business engineering.
- Participate in Capital projects at all stages of implementation:Tender specification - commissioning.
- In consultation with the team leader, devise, compile and implement maintenance procedures, engineering Standards/Specifications, Risk assessments, Method statements and other SHEEQ systems.
- Mentor, train and advise on engineering practices and Maintenance issues at all levels.
Maintenance Engineer Desirable Skills and Experience
- Preferably an HNC/NVQ 4 in an engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years experience of instrument and control within an automated continuous Process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
- Self motivated with desire for continual personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Experience of Predictive/Preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
- Demonstrates ability for problem solving.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & environmental systems & procedures
ABOUT US - Proactive Technical Recruitment
Specialising in food & drink production, with an additional growing presence across pharmaceutical, injection moulding and household care, Proactive' s FMCG division is broken into four niche and specialist teams; Engineering, Technical, Production and Senior Appointments.
Operating from a network of offices, covering London, Egham, Milton Keynes and Brighton, Proactive supply permanent and contract labour to clients nationwide. Utilising a long track record of successful partnerships, we understand the challenges that you currently face, working alongside you to find the right role.
If you feel you have the drive and determination to succeed at this company then please apply today and we will support you through the entire process of application.
We are looking for the UK's top engineering talent and would love you to send across your CV to or please give me a call on .
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-250. *T&Cs apply*
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.