Junior FP&A Analyst Wimbledon
The role of Junior FP&A Analyst:
- Assist the month end accounting process, from compiling and posting accruals and prepayments to the timely and accurate production of the Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements and commentary for inclusion in the Board pack.
- Business Partnering with key departments, specifically Store Operations and Property (Fixed Costs and Repairs & Maintenance). This will include;
- Develop relationships with function heads to obtain their input into the financial planning and reporting process and to provide pro-active and ad hoc reporting to them as required.
- Responsibility for maintaining the Fixed Asset register and ensuring the capex process is adhered to across the business.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the production of budgets and forecasts for Stores and Head Office costs.
- Weekly sales reporting and assisting Commercial Analyst.
- Supporting the Senior Management Accountant role.
- Building relationships with budget holders including monthly meetings to review costs
- Producing monthly payroll report for stores
- Analysis of monthly Repairs & Maintenance costs
- Production of cost centre reports together with analysis on variances
Skills and Attributes Required
- Actively studying part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with strong financial and management accounting skills.
- Ideally have experience of the retail/leisure sector.
- Previous experience of Sun and Vision would be advantageous.
- High level of spreadsheet modelling ability essential (eg lookup functions, pivot tables).
- Good communication skills with the confidence and credibility to interact with senior management.
- Ability to work to tight timescales whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.