Ambridge Harris are recruiting for a Billings Clerk for a business based in Bath. You may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. You will be required to maintain contact with fee-earners, staff, clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
* Compiles and bills fee-earner hours to clients every month.
* Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to fee-earner and secretary requests.
* Apply retainer funds as directed by fee-earner.
* Process write-offs following Firm policy.
* Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
* Ability to effectively interact and communicate with fee-earners, secretaries, and clients.
* Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
* Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
* Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
* Creates and prints final client billing.
* One team specific associated credit control.
* Creates and distributes monthly reports.
* Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies.
* Utilises computerised accounting and payables software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
* Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
* Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
* Assists with special projects as needed.
Skills & Experience
* We are seeking a well-rounded, confident individual who can prioritise and organise their work. Someone who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about Billing and supporting a busy team.
* Direct experience of billing and familiarity with accounts procedures
* Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules - training and refresher training will be given
* Excellent communication skills at all levels
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and other relevant IT systems
* High standard of numeracy, precise and accurate with attention to detail
* Previous experience in a solicitors accounts office
* Good organisation and time management skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.