We're partnering with a well established Academic institution to secure them a new Finance Manager. Working closely with the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for delivering the day to day finance function.
- A broad knowledge of financial accounting and project accounting
- Knowledge of ledgers, bookkeeping, purchasing, systems and controls.
- Experience of financial reporting to deadlines with responsibility for trial balance preparation.
- A capacity to deal with reasonably complex issues and good problem solving skills.
- Staff management experience with informal mentoring of less experienced employees.
- Good knowledge of banking procedures, cash flow forecasting, purchasing, asset control, VAT, PAYE and consistent budgetary control.
- Ability to work independently within defined parameters
- Good knowledge of Excel, accounting systems and an ability use technology to report effectively.
- Experience of system/process development and relational databases is desirable.
- Good level of business analytical and reporting skills
The ideal candidate will be Qualified or a Finalist in either their ACCA or CIMA. Previous experience of working in a Charity is essential but is advantageous.
If this sounds like you, then please contact me for a confidential conversation on