Our client is a progressive and developing company reporting over 20% growth year on year. The business presents an opportunity for a service and maintenance technician to work within their existing technical support team.
- To carry out tool inspections in workshop, create and send repair quotations and carry out workshop repairs to equipment as scheduled or as directed by management.
- To visit customer sites to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment as scheduled or as directed by management.
- To carry out routine maintenance to equipment, both in workshop and on customer sites, as scheduled or as directed by management.
- To visit customer sites to install and provide operator training on equipment as directed by management.
- To support customers with troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment issues by telephone/email as required.
- To report in an accurate and timely fashion on all activities carried out.
- To report weekly or as required on KPI.
This list does not outline all task and duties in the role as more duties will likely be added onto your list as time progresses, meaning the ideal candidate will have to be punctual and adaptable to change.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently, plan and prioritise own workload efficiently and respond quickly to changing requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with Colleagues, Management and Customers, and the ability to handle customer complaints in a calm, professional and patient manner.
- IT literate and the ability to use electronic record-keeping and email systems efficiently and effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in technical work and record keeping.
- Technical Skills and ability to understand and troubleshoot, test, repair and service highly technical equipment, in some cases with limited support documentation.
- Manual dexterity, good close-up vision, and the ability to work with small and highly detailed components and assemblies.
- Reasonable level of fitness and stamina, ability to work standing for long periods of time and for long hours when required.
- Good driving skills and the ability to drive safely and considerately.
- Ability to work flexible hours and preparedness to stay away from home for nights and travel internationally when required.
- Minimum academic requirement of GCSE grade C+ or equivalent in English, Mathematics and Science, Technical qualifications preferred.
- Experience in workshop and field technician duties is strongly desirable
- Experience in packaging machinery is desirable
- Experience in using electronic record-keeping systems an advantage.
Hours and Salary:- You will be working across 5 days a week with a 7:00 start and 17:00 finish, working 50 hours per week including lunch breaks. Expected salary will range from £20,000 - £22,000
So if you feel that you fit the profile our client is looking for and would like to be considered for this role, then send in your CV by clicking the APPLY button below!