Machine Shop Team Leader
(6am-2pm/2-10.30pm with a 7.30pm finish on the Friday)
My client who is a leading manufacturer supplying both the automotive and aerospace industries is currently seeking a Machine Shop Team Leader to join their team due to internal promotion.
The main duties of the role will be: -
· Supervise team members on a daily basis during the normal operation of the machine shop in line with production planning
· Ensure that tooling, fixtures and relevant information is available for members when required.
· Identify any engineering requirements / issues that arise and communicate to the relevant person – i.e. Production Planner, H&S, Commercial, Maintenance & Engineering Departments
· Manage staff attendance and development
· Identify and training requirements for team members / capability issues
· Ensure that health and safety guidelines and practices are maintained and developed.
· Ensuring compliance with all relevant H&S policies and procedures and act as a role model in demonstrating compliance within the workplace
· Ensure continuous improvement process are followed
· Ensure that work is progressed through the machine shop in a timely manner according to priorities set by the Production Planner
· Assist the operators, when required, with the day to day operations
· Recommend courses of action for moving capacity around, ensuring customer deliveries and KPIs are met
· Identify and develop manufacturing improvements / procedures
· Ensure that any methods improvements are communicated through the appropriate means
· Experience of working within a CNC Milling environment, preferably 3, 4 & 5 axis
· Experience of leading a team
· A good understanding of lean manufacturing (5S, 5Y, Kaizen)
· Experience of VMC Milling
· Sound I.T skills experience using Microsoft packages
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Machine Shop Team leader or Cell leader who is seeking to take the next step within a progressive business, with development opportunities for the right candidates.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.