Position - General Ledger Analyst
Location - Telford
Sector - Financial Services
Salary - £23,000 plus pension and benefits
Client Overview - General Ledger Analyst
My client is a leading financial services firm specialising within in life and pensions which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Currently seeking a General Ledger Analyst to assist in all aspects of financial analysis.
You're Responsibilities - General Ledger Analyst
- The General Ledger Analyst will be responsible for managing a large number of reconciliations, journal and manual payments.
- Provide commercial and financial support to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Support the delivery of complete and accurate financial data for reporting purposes in line with business and financial frameworks.
- Ensure deliverable's are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality through appropriate ownership and planning of responsibilities.
- Support and embed a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
Person Specification - General Ledger Analyst
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and involving others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Strong analytical skills
- Adapts to change without management.
Knowledge and Experience - General Ledger Analyst
- Understands the commercial environment
- Computer literate and competent with all required operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of double entry accounting.
- Knowledge of operation of General Ledger and policy transaction systems including journal preparation and posting.
- Good general IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of system interrogation
Qualifications- General Ledger Analyst
- 'A' level or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience)
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.