User Interface (UI) Developer
Our client are a fast growing ecommerce business.
Due to continual growth they now require a UI professional to join the team.
To build and evolve the new eCommerce web sites and web applications building some of the best online user experiences around.
Produce prototypes & production ready code to hand over to their development partner, make recommendations for improvements within the current framework, and become an integral part of any future site developments.
To maximise online opportunity by creating the best, simplest, most customer friendly websites possible.
• Work with UX resource to create end to end prototypes for new initiatives
• Defining, developing and documenting all front-end development requirements for projects
• Create and maintain methods of code control for content work and testing requirements for new developments
• Work with the web development partner to understand & agree best practices
• Making ad hoc changes to the look and feel of the sites through HTML, CSS & JS
• Proactively highlighting trends within the technology arena and make informed recommendations for improvement
• Expertise in HTML & CSS including HTML5 and CSS3.
• Good knowledge of CSS/JS toolkits like Bootstrap, Topcoat, Foundation etc.
• Full Stack Development, albeit likely with an emphasis to the front tiers, should be interested in adopting engineering approaches throughout.
• Has thorough understanding of page performance and optimization thereof.
• QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
• At least 3 years’ experience as a UI developer with substantial experience developing desktop & mobile websites. Additional experience in responsive design and tablet/mobile apps development advantageous.
• A clear passion for User Experience.
• An interest in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues.
• Passion for both eCommerce and technology, and comfortable in a business environment.
• Logical thinking and problem solving ability with exceptional attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills. Confident in working with teams across the business and externally.
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate