Currently we are recruiting for an experienced automotive mechanical or electrical engineer based in Sheffield looking for an exciting opportunity to work in the growing field of hybrid and electric vehicle drive systems. Suitable applicants will work on the businesses electromechanical analysis capabilities for HEV/EV drivetrains.
• Electro-magnetic finite element analysis
• Structural finite element analysis
• Vibration analysis and optimisation
• Thermal analysis and optimisation
• Electro-mechanical system concept design studies
• Electro-mechanical system detailed design
• System prototyping and testing
• Experience of working in one or more of the above disciplines in automotive or related industry
• Experience in transmission design, electrical machine design, electric drive system and/or control system development
• Experience in using software tools such as Matlab/Simulink, electro-magnetic and/or mechanical Finite Element Analysis packages, such as Ansys, would also be preferred.
• Knowledge in automotive (or related) electrical machine and/or mechanical system design.
• Self-motivated to be trained and learn new skills in both electrical and mechanical disciplines, allowing you to become an expert in electro-mechanical analysis of EV/HEV drive systems and deliver solutions
• Delivering Projects which vary from high end analysis for troubleshooting or refinement, to research and development in the latest simulation technology, to concept designs, detailed designs and prototype development and testing.
• Able to adapt and work within our companies own processes.
• Continuous improvement is important for us so you need to be comfortable working in this way, in addition to being able to work collaboratively with other team members and talk directly to suppliers/customers.
• The successful applicant will be based in the UK with occasional international travel
• Ideally 2:1 degree in mechanical, electrical, automotive or related engineering discipline
SALARY NEGOTIABLE ON EXPERIENCE