Debt Collection / Credit Controller
Credit control, debt collection
Your new company
You will be joining a progressive organisation that is growing from strength to strength. A company that values it staff and invests in them. They offer an excellent working environment and competitive benefits.
Your new role
our client is currently recruiting a new role and are looking for an experienced debt collector / Credit Controller with experience of collection from the general public. This is a telephone based role dealing with customers at the early stages of arrears and assisting with the rehabilitation. You will be required to provide technical and practical support and provide an exceptional customer service at all times. You will have experience from a collections background dealing with the general public.
Main duties include:
- To process inbound and outbound calls, contacting customers with overdue accounts to negotiate prompt payment and rehabilitate accounts within defined timescales.
- To record all customer contact accurately on the collections system and update client systems where appropriate.
- Answer customer queries and, where appropriate, refer them for free money advice or independent legal advice
- Provide assistance to other colleagues within the department as and when required.
- Ensure all work undertaken is in line with internal and client service level agreements.
- Treat all customers fairly, professionally and act within legislation, compliance and codes of practice.
- Accept and request guidance tuition and training on the methodology of work, utilisation of computer systems and other assistance at work.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be maximising the rehabilitation of accounts and collection of overdue debt, providing professional and informative primary point of contact for all customers, clients & third parties whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service. It is essential you have previous experience in this area
What you'll get in return
This organisation offers a pleasant environment with flexible working time. 35 days holiday + stats and a very completive pension scheme. This role is not based in a call centre environment and there is no shift work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.