SENCO - Coventry - September 2017
SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator - Secondary School - Coventry - September 2017- Permanent Position
Academics Ltd are working with a lovely school in Coventry to recruit for a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator to join their dedicated team.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Special Education Needs Co-Ordinator to lead on Inclusion. The successful candidate must be hands on, getting involved with teaching and modelling good practice for all teaching staff. A warm, friendly personality that understands how challenging this role can be is an essential requirement of the post.
The Special Education Needs Co-Ordinator will have a teaching commitment every morning which could entail small groups or whole class. Therefore, flexibility is a requirement of this post.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold or be working towards the National Award for SEN Co-ordination.
- Be a qualified teacher with the knowledge and experience of teaching pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- Have thorough knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice.
- Be skilful in working with, monitoring and championing pupils with a range of different abilities and needs - SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL and G&T.
- Have the ability to support and overview the work of the teaching assistants working with children with SEND.
- Be hardworking and adaptable to change.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Be able to have a strong relationship with the parents, community and be able to communicate professionally with external agencies.
- Show commitment to raise standards and encourage excellence.
If you would like to hear more about this SENCO role please contact Shabnam at Academics Ltd on