My client is looking to recruit a new Mechanical Fitter to join their team. They are a highly successful and innovative organisation within the Manufacturing / Engineering sector and work heavily with the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and automation industry manufacturing unique and bespoke products for a diverse mix of high profile clients.
This is a new vacancy and will be very hands on with regards to the manufacturing of bespoke products. It would ideally suit a Mechanical Fitter, maintenance or automation engineer looking for a new challenge.
Working alongside our Production, Technical and Sales teams you will be responsible for the assembly of machinery 80% mechanical 20% electrical.
You will be a problem solver, some machinery is development work and a hands on thinking solution will be required at times.
You will deliver systems within the agreed scope of the project and manage them through to successful sign-off by our customer either at the company (FAT) or at their site (SAT).
Some site work at our customer's premises will be required to assist with installations and services.
- Experience of manufacturing or maintaining automation and materials handling equipment for the food and/or pharmaceutical industries. (conveyors, Elevators, Vibratory feeders )
- Knowledge of best fitting practices
- Mechanical and electrical fault finding
- Take ownership of a project, & have the ability to complete to deadlines
- Ability to understand and work to mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly to both technical and non-technical people.
- Confident decision making abilities.
- Working safely in house & at a customer’s production site.
- Electrical & mechanical qualification or relevant experience (min. 5yrs)
- Mechanical and electrical fault finding including PLCs (Schneider, Alan (Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron all used based on ladder logic programs)
- Experience in manufacturing for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience of basic pneumatic systems (i.e.; cylinder actuation).
- Awareness of health & safety, producing risk assessments and method statements.
- Basic MIG/TIG welding
Some training will be available for the best matching candidate
Salary - Competitive salary based on experience £25-30k perannum
Hours - 0800-16.45 Mon-Thurs, Fri 0800-15.30, occasional work beyond these hours may be necessary.
Benefits - 33 days holiday, contributory pension scheme & death in service cover.
You will be expected to travel to site if an installation required it and the site could be anywhere within the country which may require overnight stay which they normally book in advance. It may also be necessary, though extremely rare, to travel abroad, but normally overseas customers have their own installation teams.
Hired company vehicle