Payroll Co Ordinator
My client has an urgent requirement for an experienced Payroll Co Ordinator to join on a temp to perm basis.
- Process starters, leavers and all types of manual payroll calculations
- Check and transmit over-time hours from the staffing department
- Ensure that attachments of earnings and expenses are processed accurately and timely
- To use existing knowledge of SMP, SPP, SAP and SSP when processing payroll
- Prepare and transmit payroll BACS run and distribute online payslips
- To use existing knowledge of PAYE/NIC, to ensure correct application and compliance
- To use existing knowledge of pension schemes (auto-enrolment, defined benefit and defined contribution) when providing administration and ensuring compliance
- Develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance
- Administer and process end of month/year returns and statutory requirements - RTI, FPS, P60s
- To liaise with HMRC and assist with enquiries
- Maintain all relevant employee records, both on the payroll system and in employee files
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with payroll processing
- Knowledge of payroll and financial systems
- Good knowledge of HMRC payroll processes - PAYE, NI, SSP etc.
- Experienced in pension administration and knowledge of Auto Enrolment
Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy, and able to deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters
Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to adhere to and improve payroll processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team
- CIPP Member or Accounting and/or bookkeeping training or qualifications
- Experience of working with integrated Payroll/HR systems
For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Chester office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter.
Due to the high level of interest that we generally receive for our advertised roles unfortunately we cannot always respond to each application.
Therefore if you do not hear back from one of our experienced consultants you have not been short-listed for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other accountancy roles which may be of interest to you