Do you want to be a part of an organisation that cares for many of our historic houses, parks and gardens throughout the UK?
Do you want to work surrounded by idyllic landscapes, knowing that you are supporting a beautiful historic home used by Prime Ministers as well as housing many wartime secrets?
Do you enjoy giving great customer service and extolling the virtues of home baked cakes, freshly cooked meals and food that you’ve prepared?
If so, then joining our Catering team here at Hughenden Manor could be for you.
What it's like to work here
The country home of Victorian Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, Hughenden Manor is an impressive red brick mansion surrounded by rolling parkland. The team manages a visionary visitor experience, which has won awards for its forward-thinking approach to display and storytelling. The spectacular gardens include formal displays, as well as a walled kitchen garden which supplies produce to the café. Hughenden Manor is situated a short distance from High Wycombe and local transport links are excellent.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking