Finance Analyst - Wimbeldon - Maternity Cover ( 6 mth contract)
A great opportunity for an amazing Finance Analyst with a global leader in fragrances, luxury and professional beauty, our client has a portfolio of some of the world most renowned brands in the Fashion and Beauty industries. With over 100 years in the industry, they have proven that they are a brand to be reckoned with and have a lasting legacy preceding them.
To work with the Sales or Category Controller to provide reliable, timely, value added financial input, control and support to the key UK client groups, consistent with local management and corporate requirements and deadlines.
- Fully understand and review the Profit and Loss accounts by:
- Sales and gross to net per brand/customer
- Gross Margin by brand/customer
- A&CP expenditure
- Plan, analyse and review of marketing furniture capital expenditure.
- Analysis and review with the business teams of various aspects of brand/customer performance
- Conduct reviews of monthly sales and marketing related accruals and results.
- Ensure correct year-end cut off and provide audit documentation for accruals and pre-paid expenses
- Ensure strict controls over authorisation and commitment of planned expenditure
- Control and tracking of A&CP expenditure
- Control and tracking of Trade Fund and Coop expenditure
- Monitor and review sales/category related accruals
Analysis and simulation
- Plan and analyse direct customer/brand profitability and ensure the correct tracking and control processes are followed
- Review and analyse gross to net, in respect of discounts and allowances on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the business team
- Review and analyse gross margin/C1 on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the business team
- Participate in project teams to standardise and simplify procedures and processes, e.g.
- Reporting, P&L, micro-strategy
- Gross to net
- New General Ledger
- Harmonisation of customers within One Coty
- Hold Financial Awareness Training session for the business teams
- Support the business teams with identified financial training needs and support
The job holder must be a responsible individual who is conscientious, has good judgment and works to high standards of quality and integrity, specifically in the following areas:
- The ability to identify and communicate risks/opportunities to the P&L, based on a sound understanding of accounting principles.
- The job holder must work with the utmost honesty and integrity.
- Fluent in English. The job holder must write and speak in a clear, concise fashion and be able to communicate with nonfinancial team members and negotiate effectively with them.
- Should demonstrate the ability to establish productive working relationships and gain respect with contacts. Is happy working in a team and independently
- Must be self-motivated, conscientious and be able to understand the overall objective in order to best provide meaningful input. The job holder must be proactive and pragmatic in seeking appropriate sources of inputs to analysis.
- Must be entirely comfortable working with a range of different systems; e.g. SAP, Hyperion, Essbase, Excel
- Ability and vision to use information technology to improve the accuracy and efficiency of information processing is essential.
- Part qualified Accountant (ACMA/ACCA/ACA) studying with a view to qualification
- 3 years relevant experience.
If the role is of any interest to you then apply here!