Specialist Nurse Advisor
Specialist Nurse Advisor
£30,000-35,000 - DOE plus company car/allowance + expenses
Medical and nursing
Eclypse recruitment are currently looking for Specialist Nurse Advisors to work on behalf of one of our nationally recognised health care providers.
The Company My Client are a team of specialist nurse advisors working in primary & secondary care, providing therapeutic clinical reviews for patients with respiratory disease.
Main Purpose of the job
- To work in a pro-active manner to improve patient outcomes on specified projects within primary/secondary care whilst exercising corporate nursing responsibilities.
- Conduct therapeutic clinical reviews within primary care for both patients with asthma and/or COP guidelines.
- High professional clinical standards
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Sound communications skills
- Strong team worker
- Solution focused
- Sound commercial awareness
- Smart and professional appearance
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Strong networking skills
- Capability to travel around the country to conduct the clinical reviews
- Flexibility around overnight stays as this may be required from time to time
- Have experience in managing the disease area relevant to the area of practice currently working (minimum diploma level qualified). Nurse Advisor should ensure registration is maintained and knowledge remains up to date in that area
- Teaching and mentoring of Practice Nurses/other Health Care Professionals may be requested
- Run clinics autonomously and be responsible for the passing on of relevant clinical information to the data controller within the GP practice/hospital to the patients' best interest
The candidate will undertake a thorough Initial Training Course introducing them to the role of the Specialist Nurse Advisor and the organisation. They will also have specific service training. They will have support from the Director of Nursing and their own Nurse Manager, along with colleagues within the team.
- Improvement of the patient experience including initiating measures to improve services provided
- Caldicott Guardian - ensure that you meet the highest standards whilst out in clinical practice
- Ensure infection control measures are taken
- Ensure that patients are always given the highest priority
- Report to the Director of Nursing and Nurse Manager patient safety initiatives in relation to adverse events/adverse drug reactions
- Ensure that patient confidentiality/NMC obligations/Data Protection is maintained always
- Inform the Director of Nursing and Nurse Manager of all patient/customer complaints to ensure thorough investigation/learning from complaints
- Ensure you meet safeguarding for children and vulnerable adult accountabilities by undertaking the training and reporting any issues observed to senior management (lead safeguarding nurse)
- Work on projects autonomously as dictated by the business
- To participate where required in clinical and nonclinical audits aimed at improving patient outcomes and the effective and efficient delivery of services
Experience and Qualifications
- RGN Part 1 NMC Register
- Diploma level qualified as a minimum (or working towards) in the disease area in which you are to work
- Commercial experience is advantageous
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Experience in the use of general practice/hospital computer systems is advantageous
- Current UK full driving licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
With this role being Regional flexibility is key as you have responsibility for overseeing clinics in various locations - you must be a car driver and be able to commit to travelling.
Excellent salary: £30,000-35,000 per annum (negotiable for highly experienced candidates)
Car allowance: £450p/m or company car
Bonus: 10% of salary
Other benefits: Private Health Insurance, broadband allowance, NMC & RCN fees, daily allowance when in clinics, mobile phone, laptop, printer etc.
If you would like to apply for this role please call Rheann Burrow on or email
Keywords: Specialist Nurse Advisor , Coventry, Specialist, COPD, Asthma, Clinical, RGN, Respiratory, Nurse, Medical and Nursing