Multi Skilled Engineer
Engineering Technician/ Multi-Skilled Engineer
Salary: £42,659.00 per annum plus benefits
Our client one of the UK biggest grocery brands is currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician/ Multi-Skilled Engineer to add to their existing team based in Walthamstow.
To provide an engineering resource to support the efficient manufacturing of quality goods, in a safe manner while promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of Continuous Improvement.
The job includes planned maintenance, fault finding and breakdown repairs, installation and modification to plant and services.
The role holder will be involved in dealing with employees at all levels of the business and liaising with different departments as needed while complying and assisting in the creation of high standards and procedure
Ensure all engineering work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice, Health and Safety Legislation and current Company Standards.
- To work across mechanical and electrical trades as qualified and authorised.
- Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of process equipment, bakery manufacturing plant, packaging equipment and site services.
- To utilise the CMMS fully and assist in its development to achieve ‘World Class’ asset performance.
- Planned maintenance, modifications, installations and upgrades to plant machinery and site services.
- Liaise with the Planner on the daily workload in area of accountability to ensure priorities are understood and correct resource is allocated in an efficient manner.
- To liaise with suppliers on plant or machine issues and updating of documentation / drawings as required.
- Proactive involvement in Project work, including the installation and commissioning of machines and equipment within authorised skill level.
- Positively influence the change management process, driving engineering culture to world class performance.
- Support and coach other employees (Manufacturing Technicians) in all aspects of shared maintenance to achieve operational and personal targets.
- To work with, or lead, multi-functional teams on initiatives using agreed techniques to improve production processes and plant design to minimise downtime and improve safety and quality performance.
- To undertake training and up-skilling programs as directed by business needs and to keep abreast of technological advancements and maintain skill level.
- Ensure an in depth-handovers provided to oncoming shift, to incl. engineering, manufacturing or stores issues.
- Provide as required 24 hour 7 day engineering cover to support the bakery.
- To be part of the recruitment and selection process for the craft team and apprentices
Decision Making Authority
- Maintenance and repair of plant and equipment to high Engineering, Quality, Safety and Hygiene standards.
- Decisions made within the framework of site policies and procedures.
- Managing contractors to ensure relevant standards are met with due regard to safety, hygiene and quality.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline is desirable.
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) or equivalent trade accreditation.
- Languages: English. Business discussion (Fluent written and spoken)
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations. (Electrical)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a skilled engineering craftsperson / technician.
- Practical experience gained within a manufacturing engineering function.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis.
- Low level management experience desirable.
- Consistently high standards even under pressure.
- Competitive basic salary
- Extended annual leave entitlement
- Discount scheme