Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Responsible for purchasing a range of Goods/ Services in line with Company requirements.
• Work closely with functional teams to ensure that goods ordered are fit for purpose and to the standards required.
• Ensure that all Requisitions/ Purchase Orders are processed in a timely fashion to ensure required delivery schedules are met.
• Tendering and evaluating of offers prior to business award.
• Actively engage in the creation of robust supply contracts, ensuring legal approvals. Review on an ongoing basis.
• Supports Accounts Department with regard to the resolution of Invoice queries and problems.
• Assist with the maintenance of the Supplier database.
• Actively promote and comply with corporate policies.
• Expediting order deliveries as/and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Practical experience of using ERP / MRP systems.
• Ideally educated to degree level in a business discipline (or equivalent) and previous experience in a similar level procurement role.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a professional attitude.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• CIPS Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.