Call Jo Samuels on the number below or visit our website at www.jemsrecruitment.co.uk to view all of our current vacancies!
Underwriter - The Benefits:
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Holiday purchase scheme - additional 5 days per annum
- Contributory pension
- Company bonus
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Eye test
Underwriter - The Company:
Working for a well established and expanding underwriting team, you will be underwriting loans and analysing all the information necessary to make a decision and complete the loan. This is an autonomous position and therefore relevant industry underwriting experience is essential, along with a questioning mind.
Underwriter - The Role:
• Responding to incoming customer telephone calls, identifying and then meeting customer requirements whilst providing a polite, professional and accurate response.
• Promptly and accurately completing all related underwriting/administration activities.
• Updating third parties where required as to any action taken with customer applications, building long standing relationships.
• Carrying out credit reference checks when required on all applicants.
• Completing the underwriting checklist accurately.
• Chasing pipeline cases daily.
• Complying with Money Laundering/Fraud Prevention/Data Protection/FCA regulations.
• Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training.
Underwriter - The Candidate:
You will have previous experience in an underwriting role working closely with brokers/intermediaries as well as a good understanding of the secured loan industry. Candidates will also require excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to analyse and question information.
Candidates require a clear credit check and full DBS