Working as an Assistant Underwriter for this growing financial organisation in London, you will be providing assistance to the underwriting team within the short-term lending department. We are particularly looking for candidates who are ambitious and keen to develop a career as an Underwriter. The role will develop and there is excellent growth within the company to move upwards into a full underwriting role.
Working as an Assistant Underwriter, your duties will include:
- Assisting Underwriters with their cases
- Producing legal documentation
- Setting up new files for agreed loan facilities
- Instructing valuers with required valuation reports
- Talking to third parties directly to take payments
- Chasing documentation to be passed to the Underwriters
- Liaising with sales team regarding new enquiries
- Ad hoc PA duties to support the MD
This is an exciting opportunity for progression within the financial services industry for the right candidate. Proven experience within the secured lending industry is essential whilst development or bridging finance experience is desirable as well as a background of liaising with brokers or intermediaries. The successful candidate will eventually be provided with training and progression opportunities into underwriting.
Candidates require a clear credit check and full DBS
If you are successful in applying for the role of Assistant Underwriter, you will be entitled to an annual company bonus and will work Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm.