Draughtsman Team Leader
Project Draughtsman and Team Leader - Stoke on Trent - up to 30k
Ideally qualified to degree/HND/HNC level with experience of working with and designing steel fabrications. Good working knowledge of fabrication/ welding and general manufacturing techniques essential, the ideal candidate will also ideally have a working knowledge of castings and cladding. Being conversant in AutoCAD 2017 would be advantageous; experience of using AutoCAD inventor and Autodesk Vault would be of clear distinction
- Interpret customer requirements to produce general arrangement drawings.
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound, bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials.
- Be commercially minded enough to analyse and arrive at the most cost effective solution.
- Manage projects through the design phase via client contact; liaising with the relevant Contract Manager appropriately.
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realised.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and architects to comprehensively understand the project requirements.
- Have an understanding of manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Adhere to in-house 9000 systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes and project manufacturing.
As a team leader you will be able to demonstrate that you hold previous experience of leading, and managing, a small team of Draughtsman or technically orientated operatives.
In addition to the core draughting tasks detailed above, you should be able to demonstrate clearly, previous successful experience of the majority of the following skills or tasks.
- To act as the first point of technical query for team members.
- Offering technical support to your team, the Design Office Management and the business in general.
- To ensure that all members of your team adhere strictly to all departmental ways of working.
- To be proactive in ensuring that all internal planning programmes are regularly updated accurately to reflect the status of a multitude of projects.
- To be enthusiastic toward the development of products and procedures.