Excellent opportunity for a modeller to work at the forefront of the renewable energy market
Your new company - My client is an innovative and evolving organisation that sits at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity.
Your new role - The Senior Modeller will report into the Head of Forecasting and Supplier Levy Lead and work alongside 3 Analysts to deliver a high team performance. The role will interact with the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) and industry modelers to discuss and communicate the modelling decisions taken by the Forecasting Team, and internal and/or external audit on matters of model quality.
Key duties will include -
- Performing operational forecasting, including maintaining the model inputs
- Review of the modelling algorithm including stochastic market price simulations.
- Updating the transparency tool microsite which explains the forecasts to suppliers and interested parties
- Communicating to suppliers through a variety of fora
- Testing software updates to the team's models
- Ad hoc modelling and analysis as required
- Assisting with reporting KPIs and other performance metrics
- Investigating and reporting on variances between forecast and out-turns
- Assisting with the Governance Board processes
What you'll need to succeed - You are likely to have a 2.1 or 1st class degree in mathematics or a statistic subject and will have at least 5 years post study experience. You will be an advanced excel user and be comfortable with VBA. An understanding of the electricity market will be very beneficial. R is desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return - This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of high calibre individuals. The role offers the opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry and you will gain exposure to high level stakeholders. You will be led by a great manager who encourages progression and development.
What you need to do now - If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.