IT Procurement Specialist | Birmingham | Up to £45,000 | Permanent
This FTSE100 organisation are seeking Procurement Specialist with drive, passion and energy to work in their team and put their personal stamp on their Business services category strategy, as well as leading some of the major change initiatives within the company.
As a Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategy for a portfolio of external suppliers. You will lead, manage and govern external spend on behalf of the business, and drive value across the long and short term. You will engage with stakeholders, create reliable demand plans, and provide day to day guidance to the wider business. You will also design commercial strategy and deliver into some really complex supplier negotiations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding complex supply and value networks
- Leading sourcing strategies, ideally within business services supply chain
- Negotiating and deal closing with excellent results
- Excellent analytical skills
- The motivation to learn and continuously improve processes
- The people skills required to work with stakeholders and contractors at all levels
- A relevant honors degree and / or Chartered MCIPS (or equivalent)
- Extensive commercial experience
- A good understanding of Contract Law and standard forms of contract
To be considered for this role you MUST have previous experience within an Business services.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.