Head of Consultancy - Education
Head of Consultancy - Education
£60,000 - £70,000 pa
Full time - permanent
Based in London Waterloo
The Head of Consultancy, Education is a brand new role with the purpose to develop a substantial educational consultancy business for Optimus Education Ltd, as well as to contribute towards the development and delivery of consultancy opportunities for the benefit of the wider Prospects Group.
'Education’ is primarily 2-18; as well as teaching and learning the term also embraces developing the employability and skills of young people - increasingly local authorities (LA), schools, multi academy trusts (MATs) and colleges are defining 'education’ in this way.
In conjunction with the Director of Education and in liaison with other key stakeholders within Optimus Education Ltd and the Prospects Group as a whole, the role will engage at a senior level with existing and new clients and partners in Education, to identify appropriate strategies for securing and delivering a range of consultancy across our key business areas and overseeing effective and successful implementation of these.
Increasingly the value of the consultancy services and solutions are reaching thresholds which require education organisations to issue official Expressions of Interest notices, requiring a formal bid and tender process. The role will therefore be responsible for overseeing the Education Services division’s bid and tender development, working in close connection with Prospects Group’s Strategic Development Unit.
The role will be to identify and create solutions that meet the strategic aims of:
- improving educational and employability outcomes for children and young people in education settings;
- delivering individual school/MATs consultancy through building a network of operatives ('associates’), that have the experience and skills to operate at a 'teaching and learning’ consultancy level;
- identifying and then delivering 'infrastructural level’ services and solutions, working in partnership with LAs/LA traded services companies/MATs, through building a network of operatives that have the experience to work at a more 'strategic’ level;
- identifying, managing and delivering bids and tenders to do with consultancy, increasingly common in the sector due to the growth in schools’/MATs’/LAs’ central procurement of consultancy-related services and solutions;
- in doing so further building and strengthening Optimus Education Ltd’s position as the UK’s only true 'one stop shop’ for school improvement/CPD.
For the wider Prospects Group the role will be to work with colleagues in the other business units to aid in the identification of whole packages of support that raise the life chances of young people. For example working on Prospects group-wide solutions that might involve Education, Employment and Skills, and also Care and Support.
Person specification/Knowledge & Experience
- Commercial mindset.
- Results driven through robust operational management to deliver budgeted revenue and margin.
- Existing experience of leadership of or a senior role in an existing profitable consultancy outfit to LAs, MATs, schools and educational organisations.
- Excellent presentation and written skills and credibility with senior leaders in a range of LAs and schools.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Committed to the safeguarding of and improving the outcomes for children and young people.
"Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."