Credit Controller - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
12 month FTC
Our Manchester city centre client are looking for a new Credit Controller to join their established team, based in stunning modern offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection of sales ledger debtors ensuring that maximum cash collection is achieved, bad debts are kept to a minimum and Company targets and DSO achieved.
- To provide a customer service function and credit control function to ensure the prompt collection of sales ledger accounts via telephone, email and letters
- Ensure that the credit risk policy is adhered to by means of obtaining credit reports and other public data available, providing recommendations to the Team Manager
- Ensure that all doubtful and bad debts are identified promptly and reported to the Team Manager
- Preparation of period end control account reconciliations to the general ledger with full detailed aged analysis together with preparation of weekly and periodic KPI's and reports to Management on a monthly basis with full debtor analysis
- Support the production of the department KPI;s to monitor performance and identify areas of improvement
- Act as a subject matter expert in Open Accounts 8 to identify areas of improvement to the AR processes
- Ensure the daily workload is managed to ensure that SLA's are met and any day to day issues are resolved
- Assist in the review of process documentation and the cross training of new/existing team members to ensure full cover during holidays/absence
- Co-ordinate the timely resolution and escalation of issues arising on a day to day basis ensuring that own and teams knowledge to deal with such issues is developed for the future
- Collate, extract and interpret data from departmental systems, to provide summary management information via various reporting techniques to support financial control, performance analysis or decision making
- Ability to see tasks through to completion with a positive and flexible attitude to work
- Good working knowledge of credit management
- Studying for completion of accounting technician qualification (AAT) or ICM is desirable or relevant 3 years' experience in credit management
- Good team player
- Good level of communication skills
- Good experience or capability of dealing with targets
- Good office system skills including Excel, Word and Email
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Open minded to flexible ways of working and able to adapt to new processes and procedures
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.