Outsourcing Accountant / Accounts Senior - Newbury to £45,000
McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a Top50 Accountancy Practice who are now looking to strengthen their Client Outsourcing team with the appointment of an Outsourcing/Finance Senior. The team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back office services including bookkeeping, year-end accounts for small and large businesses subject to audit, preparation of supporting audit files, preparation of group consolidations, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting. Key duties include:
• Looking after a portfolio of clients from a wide range of industries
• Arranging bookings for undertaking assignments and attendance at clients on a day to day basis to ensure all applicable deadlines are met, also ensuring that the right level of technically qualified team members are booked onto each assignment for the appropriate amount of time
• Assisting clients with ad-hoc questions in relation to financial matters including interpretation of results, financial resources implications and understanding how changes to the business could affect the firm from a regulatory perspective
• Assisting clients with the setting up and development of internal systems and controls, including implementing suitable accounting software
• Responsible for the allocation of team members on client work and career development of more junior team members
• Assisting with setting targets and objectives, as well as on the job training and coaching
• Managing budgets for client work, understanding the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates
• Preparing draft bills for senior managers/partners and keeping client billing information up to date
• Reviewing regular management accounts for the client base and reporting to clients, reviewing VAT returns prepared by the team
• Reviewing financial statements prepared by junior members of the team to ensure that they meet statutory requirements
• Implementation of new accounting systems
• Ensuring each client’s company accounts are filed within the statutory timelines
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA or QBE Accountant, ideally with experience of working with clients across a broad range of sectors and industries. You should have an in-depth knowledge of FRS101/102 along with experience of drafting consolidations, preparing group accounts and ideally knowledge of international and trade practices. Knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Xero, Sage Line 50) would be useful, and travel to client and other office sites will be required. You should also have excellent people and communication skills, be able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus, with strong organisational and time management skills.
On offer is a salary from £35,000 to £45,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com.
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile