SEN Teacher needed in South West London for September 2017 start
Prospero Teaching are working with a fantastic SEN school in South West London who are looking for qualified SEN teachers, both primary and secondary, to teach SLD, PMLD and ASD children.
You will be working in a growing school, in new purpose built accommodation, with a range of support staff and other professionals including Educational Psychologists, Health and Social Care practitioners and Play Therapists to provide the best education and support for each child.
The school has a focus on high aspirations for all learners, and each student has an Individual Learning Programme to help them meet these. Class sizes are small, allowing teachers to differentiate and support each pupil as much as possible, promoting genuine progress academically, socially and emotionally.
About the school:
• Specialist school for learners with complex learning difficulties. Many pupils have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), or have physical and sensory disabilities
• Received "Good" with "Outstanding" aspects on their most recent OFSTED report
• The age range of the pupils is 7 - 19
• The school has provision for fewer than 60 pupils, meaning there is ample opportunity for teachers to provide highly differentiated support for each student.
• The school has a focus on sports and physical education, for which it receives extra funding
You will be required to:
• Carry out the duties of a classroom teacher, meeting all Teacher's Standards for the current year, whilst having due regard to the vision and ethos of the school
• Teach a class of pupils who have a statement for SLD, PMLD and ASD, some of whom may exhibit challenging behaviour, and encouraging them to reach their full potential
• Adhere to the safeguarding and behaviour policy of the school.
The successful SEN Teacher will
• Have QTS
• Be passionate about working with young people with a variety of needs, and be able to adapt your teaching style and methods accordingly
• Be able to work with and deploy a wide range of support staff
All applicants with QTS interested in this role are encouraged to apply - including NQTs!
The ideal Teacher will
• Be eligible to work in the UK and hold a current DBS or be willing to process one
• Be driven, dedicated and hard-working
• Be able to provide two current work-based, child related references
• Preferably have any of these:
• Team teach training
• SEND experience
If you are interested in this role, please apply with an up to date CV. NQTs and experienced teachers are all welcome alike!
Once registered, our team of experienced SEN consultants will be on hand to help you maximise your appeal to prospective employers, thus helping you secure your dream position.
At Prospero Teaching, we can offer you, free of charge, a range of CPD courses including recognised qualifications in safeguarding, classroom management, differentiation and more. We can also offer to some candidates Team Teach qualifications, delivered by our in-house Team Teach instructors, completely free of charge.
If you are interested in finding out more information regarding positions, please contact the SEN Team at the London head office.
If this job advert has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about our teaching positions, then please apply to this ad with your updated CV and we will be in touch.
Know a Teacher or Teaching Assistant looking for work in London? Refer us their CV to be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply).
This advert has been posted by Prospero teaching on behalf of one of our schools.
The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage. Apply now and take advantage of our free CPD courses