Design Engineer Automotive
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are working with a leading engineering/manufacturing business within the automotive industry as they look to recruit an experienced Design Engineer. Due to business growth, the role will be based at their Bradford site and will see the selected person form part of a talented design team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role will be customer facing, and will involve daily interaction with customers on a range of different matters.
The overall purpose of the role will be to produce design and development outputs to support product realization and to formally review and control design changes during the products lifecycle.
The role will involve:
- Ensure models and drawings are completed and maintained in a timely manner.
- Ensure designs produced are designed for manufacture.
- Cost reduction opportunities are exploited at design outset.
- Ensure good quality engineering support is provided to internal and external customers of the department.
- Continual improvement of process interactions between locations.
- Using Pro Engineer or other CAD package, be responsible for generating models of turbochargers and components and completing detail drawings to document the model from EMS / works requests to support BWTS Programme Management Process.
- Responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to in the department. Liaise with global locations for standardization.
- Maintain Pro Engineer (or other CAD package) data using SAP/PLM.
- In accordance with the Change Management System, maintain and record design changes using Pro Engineer, other CAD package or drawing board where appropriate.
- Translate, send and receive part files to and from customers/suppliers using electronic methods recommended for use.
- Maintain records and data bases within the department
- Liaise with suppliers to facilitate the production of components with respect to new product Introduction (NPI) and outsource activities.
- Provide engineering support for projects including cost reduction and inventory projects.
- Liaise with departments to facilitate the production of components internally and externally.
To be considered for the role, the company are looking for:
HND or Bachelors (Hons) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or ten years relevant experience in Product Engineering.
- Two years product knowledge.
- Skilled usage of ProE, UG and CAD packages.
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of SAP R3.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
This is an excellent role, working for a market leading company within the automotive industry and therefore they are looking for candidates with experience of the automotive industry and who are excited by it too.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.